Monday, February 14, 2011

Bah Humbug

Of course they do!
I did not realize it until today, but upon self-reflection I have determined that I am a Valentine's Day SCROOGE.  I do not like this holiday.  Not at all.

Does this mean that I do not like my husband?  That he is not romantic? Or that he did not "do enough" to proclaim his love for me today?

Of course not! 

It's just that, I hate being told by Hallmark that I am REQUIRED to proclaim my love for, well, everyone in my life (in addition to my husband, like my kids, my mother, etc).  And?  AND?  Since *I'm* the momma, I am tasked with buying cards and gifts for everyone.  And then I am to supervise my children while they write out (with PAINFUL slowness) their class Valentines.  Oh!  And then we have to decorate a Valentines BOX for school.  And then there are the classroom parties.  

Kill me now.

After all that, I cooked a "special"dinner, did the "special" dishes and made a big stinkin' deal about Valentine's with my kids (cards and tiny gifts) and my husband (just a card).

Boy, that was really bitter, wasn't it? 

Could it be that, since I started my Hawaii diet today, that I'm just a TOUCH edgy and irritable? Or, that in my kitchen as we speak is a MOUNTAIN of Valentine's candy just BEGGING to be eaten.

Nah.  I think I just truly hate Valentine's Day.

Bah Humbug.

2 comments:

  1. I used to feel that way. For some reason this year I had a lot of fun with Valentine's Day. Maybe it's like Christmas--remember how I told you after my youngest was 2 (AFTER!), I started liking it again? :) Same w/ Valentine's Day, but older. :)

    Oh btw, this should make you feel better. I went to make my heart-shaped meat loaf last night for dinner and my meat was spoiled. V. Day dinner FAIL! I had to make a last-minute casserole! NOT HEART-SHAPED! I might blog that. :)

    ReplyDelete