Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"School's Out for Winter"

Isn't that how the song goes?*

More snow is coming!  Gird your loins!

So, there is another snow storm predicted tonight.  If we are to believe the weatherman, this one promises to bring us a whopping 8-12 inches.  Excellent.

School has already been officially canceled for tomorrow (even though not a single flake has fallen out of the sky).  Which means, folks, we're having an exact repeat of last week. 

Except.

This week I shopped less for groceries (because I have enough food to feed a small country), and more for entertainment.  Specifically, I made sure I had enough craft supplies and workbooks to keep the children busy for the rest of the week.  I bought pink Valentines stickers and paper.  I bought beads and stretchy string for making bracelets.  I even bought (gulp) more finger paints.



Let the crafting begin (again).

I hate that Oklahoma City has not figured out how to handle snow (yet, strangely, it happens EVERY SINGLE WINTER... DUH!), but by God, I refuse to let this latest round of storms get me down!  I am Power Crafting Momma, hear me ROAR! 

Oh who am I kidding?  I'll probably take up drinking by tomorrow morning at 10am. 



*thanks to Susan McKinney Huey for the excellent quote.

1 comment: