Saturday, January 15, 2011

Accidentally Funny

Don't you love it when your kids do or say something that is so funny - and they didn't even MEAN to be funny?

Like today, while riding in the backseat of the car, Paige (who is, admittedly, overly grumpy due to a nasty cold) started whining about her feet.  Her FEET!  OMG her FEET!  They HURT so BAD! 

Dave turned around to - I assume - verify that she had not inadvertently severed her foot on some unknown object. When he could determine no cause of the SEVERE (!) pain, he concluded that her foot must have fallen asleep.  In fact, his exact words were: "I'll bet that seat is cutting off the circulation to her foot".

And at that moment, Paige began screaming "NOOOOOO!  PLEASE!!!  Do NOT cut off my foot!".  "My foot feels all better now!".  "PLEASE!".  "WAAAAAAAAH!"

I swear to you she heard him and thought WE were going to "cut off" the "circulation" (a term I'm certain she does not recognize) to her very foot.  And instead of showing compassion to Paige, Dave and I collapsed into a fit of giggles.  WHILE she continued to cry.

I'm sure we'll have to provide funds for Paige's eventual therapy and/or psychiatric medication.

And then there's this:


I love how he tried to sound out the word unicorn.  I, of course, think he might be brilliant for coming up with that all by himself.  I mean, folks, he's only been ALIVE for 6 years.  He's a genius. 

But what makes me laugh is the unicorn drawing.  Complete with stick tail, ONE eye and a wee little horn.

At least he draws happy uoonicorins. Just look at that smile! 

Oh wait, maybe the uoonicorin is just laughing. At himself.

2 comments:

  1. That drawing is hilarious! I actually thought for a minute that the tail was the horn. On backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I love this! He's a jeenyus (genius!

    ReplyDelete