Wednesday, January 12, 2011

LIfe is Just a Chair of Bowlies

Lately, we've been playing board games after dinner in the evenings.  Paige is finally big enough to join in, and frankly, Dave and I are desperate to fill the 2 hour gap between dinner and bedtime.  There's nothing else to do. 

Winter sucks.

And it turns out, so do the men in my family.  They suck.  At games.

Last week, we had a fierce Hungry Hungry Hippos throw down after dinner.  Dave could NOT get his little hippo to eat the marbles. 

This game must be faulty!

He went so far as to BLAME HIS HIPPO.  (I'll bet the hippos are always getting a bad rap.  Poor Hippos.) So I switched with him.  I gave him my hippo (the pink one), and I took his (the yellow one).

He still lost mightily.  Even to Paige.  Do I need to remind you that SHE'S TWO?

Poor man.  I'm not sure we'll convince him to play with us again.  His dignity might not be able to take it.

And tonight, we opted for Hi Ho Cherry-O. 


This game is teaching my kid to count! No, really!

This time, William just could NOT win.  We played over and over again.  We even gave him a One Cherry Head Start!.  Nothing.  He bombed out.

He is not at all pleased.

What is UP with the men in this family? 

I say this with all the love in my heart, but I kind of live with a bunch of losers.

4 comments:

  1. OMG, have I told you how much I HATE BOARD GAMES WITH CHILDREN???? Srsly, I play them only when wheedled, and I am bored every second. I know! That's my bad-mom moment. (ha! don't you like how I imply there's only ONE bad-mom moment?!) I figure I make it up to them with homemade cooking from scratch and the fact that we actually have a big plastic tub labelled "kids' craft supplies."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you're here, play Monopoly with Ben. He pays no attention, buys EVERY piece of property, nearly goes bankrupt several times and still manages to kick everybody's BUTT!! So annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our four year old grandson (and his mama) live with us, so my hubs and I have been playing these same two games at our house as well. That being said, I could relate to your post. Very funny. I especially loved the first picture. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could be worse. The Lemmons clan just cheats!

    ReplyDelete