And then he vomited up everything he'd eaten since he was twelve.
Folks, let me just tell you - the man is an aggressive hurler. There will be no pansy-assed vomiting! No! There will be the kind of vomiting that makes you sore for DAYS afterward. Rib-cracking vomiting! The kind of vomiting that has the children wondering if a monster is downstairs (seriously, they asked).
All that hurling (among other things) meant that Dave was out of commission for the remainder of Saturday as well as all day long Sunday. Thankfully, he'd *ahem* cleaned out the pipes by midnight Saturday and just needed time to recuperate on Sunday (Hulk-like vomiting requires serious recuperation, don't you know).
And here's where I come in - because I happened to have shared those Dr. Peppers with Dave on Saturday. Yes! I drank from the same soda can MERE HOURS before he started the Hulk Hurling. Which, in my mind, meant that I was surely destined AT ANY MOMENT to begin vomiting myself. I. was. doomed.
Have I mentioned how much I hate throwing up? Although, now that I think about it, does *anyone* enjoy it? But I would argue that women who've given birth have the added pleasure of peeing their pants WHILE vomiting. Whee! THAT'S fun right there!
So since I just KNEW I was AT ANY SECOND going to hurl, I decided there would be nothing in the world worse than hurling in a dirty house. So instead of going to bed on Saturday night, I stayed up UNTIL MIDNIGHT doing laundry and cleaning the kitchen. You know, just in case.
Oh don't sit there and shake your head at me. You knew I was crazy before today.
But then I woke up Sunday morning just as healthy as I was the day before. Only Sunday, I had to
And I still didnt' get sick.
So today I ran errands like a mad woman. I stocked up on groceries. I AM SO READY TO SUCCUMB TO THE VOMITING! I am so prepared!
Tomorrow I plan on doing situps to strengthen my stomach muscles. And then maybe I'll do some kegels, you know, for the peeing.

OMG, I was dying laughing. I am just like you, Rita. I have a phobia of throwing up. Like, it's probably diagnosable. Also, if I have reason to believe I've been exposed to stomach flu germs (like sharing a can of soda with the sick person), I too am CONVINCED I'm going to get it. I just walk around waiting in dread, often imagining various phantom symptoms.
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping it missed you completely!!! (Sounds like it did, whew.)
I cannot stop laughing. In fact, I just might start peeing, I am laughing so hard.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if we were bloggy friends back last year when I did my Great Recap of the Vomit We Shared: http://pencilshavingsblog.com/2010/12/19/a-christmas-story/
But I too remember that feeling of "I must gird my loins for the flu that is surely to come."