Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Good Thing I'm Flexible! (Not Really)
This morning was our first semi-normal day after the long Christmas break. The day that Dave went back to work. *sob* Gone are the days of staying in our pajamas until noon while eating leftover cookies and sipping coffee laden with eggnog.
Side note: My GOSH eggnog is good in coffee. I will miss it so.
I sat down last night and carefully planned out my day. One that would involve school work for William (Yes! He had homework over the break! THE NERVE!). And yes. I waited until the very last day before school resumes to start his homework. This should come as no surprise to anyone who has known me for more than five minutes. My list also included several errands and a stop at the grocery store.
I woke up this morning feeling prepared for my day. I had a list! I was ready to start marking things off! I even made my bed BEFORE 8am! My GOSH I was going to show 2012 who's boss!
And then I glanced at my calendar. The paper calendar I keep in the kitchen so as to provide ease of viewing. The one I SHOULD consult before planning an entire day of errands and school work.
Turns out I scheduled a trip to the Oklahoma Science Museum with my friend Sarah and her three children FOR TODAY AT 10am! Guess what time I glanced at the calendar and realized I had plans? GUESS!
9am.
At 9am the children and I were in our pajamas. I still needed to shower and pack lunches. I had to be out the door by 9:45 to make it to the museum by 10am.
And by GOSH I did it! WHERE'S MY TROPHY? HUH? WHERE?
The kids and I ended up having a great day. William finished his school work after dinner (although with much grumbling and sniping), and all is right with the world. Well, except for the fact that I accomplished exactly ZERO of the things on my pretty little list.
So, um, TOMORROW. Tomorrow I will show 2012 who's boss. Yes. Tomorrow. I just know it.
Oh shut up! Yes, I checked the calendar, I do NOT have plans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


OMG. I think my heart rate spiked just reading that. I would have a full-fledged mama freakout if I realized at 9 a.m. that I was supposed to be at a museum with children and lunches in one hour. OMG! (Go, you!)
ReplyDeleteWhat Shannon said.
ReplyDeleteMy first day with everyone back, I had to volunteer at the school. But today? I'm sitting in front of a fire with my laptop. Bliss.
I think it's always hard getting back into that groove. You handled it beautifully I'm sure.
ReplyDelete