Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Your Regularly Scheduled Blog Post Will Return...

This picture has nothing to do with this post.  You're welcome.


I'm sorry folks, but I am unable to blog.  You see, I'm consumed.  Absolutely CONSUMED with the following things:

This blog*.  This post in particular.  Oh. MAH. GAH.  I am drinking in this woman's words.  DRINKING THEM IN.  If you are a momma of young children, RUN don't walk to her blog.  You have my permission to like her better than you like me.  Hell, *I* like her better than I like me.

And then there's the matter of a little book I'm reading.  My little brother finally (FINALLY!) after much persuading, got himself a Kindle.  He then shamed me into buying The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  I've been avoiding it because I've heard it's rather violent, and I am a total ninny about violence. But, when your baby brother wants to read the book together and then discuss, well, how can you refuse?

HOW?

So tell me, what are you reading?  Any good blogs?  Books?  Have you read The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo?  Should I be skeered?  Because I am.  Eeep!





*super mega thanks to Monica for sending me the link to Glennon's blog. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw that post too, and loved it. :)

    I've been having trouble with my Google account lately so haven't been able to comment as often as I'd like. But I'm still here reading. :)

    But as for other reading? No. It seems I no longer read books. I write them, and then I have so little spare time that all I can read is about 2 pages of a magazine each night in bed before I fall asleep. It's sad, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Carpe Kairos post has been stuck in my head all week. It really has made me appreciate the small moments! Funny thing--the very day I read it, I had an older woman ask how the girls were. I replied, "Exhausting." She told me to enjoy every moment, blah, blah, blah. I said I was trying, and then she told me her son was in Afganistan on the front lines with a machine gun. Uh...okay, I'll try harder!

    I'm reading Bitter is the New Black. Fun read so far, but I'm afraid one of my kids will turn out just like the author!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is pretty gruesome. I'm a sissy about it, too, but I got through it. I think the only reason it didn't bother me is because it was pertinent to the story. Had it be just for the sake of adding something demented, I would have hated it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on my 3rd attempt at Dragon Tattoo and just. can't. finish it! I'm so confused at who all the Vangers are and it's sooooooo slow! This may be the first time I skip the book and start with the movie!

    ReplyDelete