Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cold Water Freezer

Last weekend Dave returned from The Wilderness where he spent 3 nights and 4 days at Boyscout camp with William and a passel of other 7-year-old boys.  As you might imagine, by Saturday my husband was spent.  Both physically and mentally.   Which is why he groaned when I admitted I'd been showering upstairs for the past couple of days while he was gone because we had no hot water downstairs. 

And before I go any further, yes, I DO know how to light a pilot light.  At least I *think* I do.  And I'm certain if Dave were to die tomorrow I would be able to figure out how to light a pilot light.  But c'mon, isn't this one of the perks of marriage?  Lawn car, vehicle maintenance, pilot-lighting. 

Yes they are.  Shut up.

So Dave grumbled at me and then proceeded to fail at lighting the pilot light.  HAR!  See? I wouldnt' have been able to do it if I'd tried!  I was WISE to wait until Dave returned.  WISE I tell you!

Turns out the water heater had "dun busted" (BTW, I call it the "hot water heater" which gets Dave's goat every. single. time "Because it's redundant. It's like saying "the cold water freezer".) So instead of spending his time recuperating from The Wilderness, Dave spent Saturday replacing the hot water heater.  God bless him.

The good news is, the kids got an awesome box to play in!  See how I made a thimble full of lemonade out of a dump truck full of lemons?  I know!  Dang I'm good.

They're both still in their pajamas.  Don't judge.

The kids decided the box was to be a rocket. Behold the "emergenSy" button.  Later William added a green button labeled "go", and a long skinny lever labeled "laser".  What more does a rocket need, really?

Paige just slopped as much paint as she could on the box, herself, her brother, and the sidewalk. 

A good time was had by all. 

Well, except for Dave.  Dave would have preferred a cold beer and a nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment