Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Wee Tea

Do you know about the American Girl store?  No? Well then clearly you are ignorant as I was until a few days ago. 

.
Allow me to explain.  If you are a little girl who is lucky enough to be born into a family where it is feasible to spend a RIDICULOUS sum on a DOLL, then you can order yourself an American Girl doll.  And your American Girl doll will be specially made to look exactly like you!  Yes!  She will have your exact haircut and eye color and skin tone! 

And then? THEN? You can visit the American Girl store where you can buy accessories.  Like a wee little bed for your doll, or perhaps a tiny bathtub complete with tiny shampoo and tiny soap and fake bubbles.  Or! You can buy tiny braces for your doll with a wee tiny doll-sized toothbrush.
Or perhaps a tiny salon chair!

Doesn't this sound totally ridiculous?  I know!  And yet, if you are anything like me, you will go a little crazy falling in love with all of these expensive dolls and their teeny clothes and matching teeny shoes and WEE TINY PETS for the wee tiny dolls (OMGSQEEEE!)

I found myself being just as excited as Paige in this store.  Running from display to display squealing over the doll-sized reading glasses AND WRISTWATCHES!   Wristwatches!  For dolls!  Have you ever heard of anything so silly in all your life?  But GOSH it's so CUTE! 

And as if that wasn't enough, inside the American Girl store is a bistro and cafe where you may dine WITH YOUR DOLL.  Yes.  You heard me.  Your doll is given a special doll-sized chair.  And her own doll-sized cup and saucer for tea!

Tea, m'lady?
And?  If you don't happen to own a doll, but would like to dine in the cafe, THEY GIVE YOU A LOANER DOLL.  Yes!  You can borrow a doll so you can have tea!

As crazy as these dolls are, I must admit, going to the American Girl store and having tea is maybe the most girly-girl fun I've had in a while.

Oh, and I suppose Paige had fun too. 

.




**Special thanks to Gramma Pam for treating us to a day of dollies!

.


2 comments:

  1. Where is this woundrous land of dolls? I must remember this for my own grand daughters. And tell Pam she looks wonderful from "the oldest Beasley girl, Karla." I Love love love this whole concept!! Now my own children just need to get busy. This Grammy can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *** wonderous not WOUNDROUS.. sheesh!!

    ReplyDelete