I hounded Dave all morning to get out the Christmas tree. The kids were excited to start the Christmas season, and I was just anxious to, well, get it over with. I hate to say it, but I really dread putting up the tree and all the decorations.
Does that mean my heart is a cold black stone? Probably.
Poor Dave has to do most of the work in the beginning... he puts our artificial tree together, carefully separates all of the bendy little pipe cleaner branches, and then strings the lights.
While he is working, my job is to wrestle the children out of the Christmas tree box.
When Dave is finished lighting and fluffing, we turn the kids loose with the ornaments. William meticulously places the ornaments with equal spacing.
Paige, on the other hand, piled eleventy hundred ornaments in a single square foot area at the bottom of the tree.
At the end of the evening, we stood back and admired our work. I asked the children what they wanted Santa to bring them this year. William enumerated his list item by item.
Paige, however, simply answered "CAKE!".
Forget toys. My girl just wants her some cake for Christmas.
So I suppose I have 28 days to figure out how to wrap up a CAKE and put it under the tree.
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

a girl after my own heart...
ReplyDelete