Tuesday, November 30, 2010

When I Grow Up

My kid is slated to be "The Kindergarten Star of the Week" next week. 


The Star of the Week has an entire bulletin board dedicated to him/her in the Kindergarten classroom.  This bulletin board is filled with pictures of the child doing his favorite things and posing with his favorite people. 

A note came home in his backpack today explaining the whole process.  In addition to sifting through all 12,000 pictures of William, I am also to "interview" William and document his answers on a special sheet that will be posted on the bulletin board and, I presume, at some point will be read aloud to the class.

It's all very cute.  I would love to say "William is very excited to be the Star of the Week", but really, his attitude was more "Meh" than "Yay!".

Despite is cool demeanor about the whole thing, I dutifully conducted the interview this evening, and documented answers to questions like "what do you most like to eat", and "what are your favorite things".  His answers were exactly as I could have predicted.  He loves cheeseburgers and Tootsie Rolls.  His favorite things are Legos and his bicycle. 

But then we got to the "what do you want to be when you grow up" question. 

His reply?



Yes.   You read that right.  He's not sure if he'd like to be an ELF, a CHICKEN, or an astronaut.

Personally, I vote for "elf", as it seems those guys live forever (either making toys or baking Keebler cookies). Plus, I'll bet that job probably doesn't even require a college degree. 

3 comments:

  1. I love that. My four year old said he would like to be a dad or a superhero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niiiiice! That boy has his momma's sense of humor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious. Love it.

    Btw, my daughter's 1st grade class had "Star Student of the Day"s earlier in the year. It was so adorable. Best part? Parents didn't do a thing; it was a school activity. The teacher took her picture, made a little book out of it, and then her CLASSMATES interviewed her at circle time, then each classmate drew a picture to illustrate one of her answers. The whole thing was put together in this book with her on the cover, and it was just beyond sweet.

    Elf! Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete