Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Taming the Turkey


So, this year I'm hosting Thanksgiving at my house.  Or I should say "hosting".  Yes, I'm "hosting" Thanksgiving.  People (three of them - all adults) are coming to my house.  They'll be here from Wednesday until Saturday.  And I will, indeed, be feeding them Thanksgiving.

But I ain't cookin'.

Oh you heard me.  I'm "hosting", but I'm not "cooking".  Instead, I've ORDERED my ENTIRE MEAL from a local gourmet restaurant.  $141 bought me enough turkey and all the fixin's for eight people.

Is that the laziest thing you've ever heard?

Oh!  It just gets BETTER! My GUESTS are bringing dessert!  Yes!  *I* am not cooking A THING, but my GUESTS are cooking for ME!

I am an excellent "hostess", no?

Remember this if I ever invite you to dinner.

3 comments:

  1. All I know is lazy hosting=a happier mama. $141 is a damn good deal for a Thanksgiving dinner! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got mine from the local gourmet grocery store for $89.99 for a dinner that feeds 8-10! And Mrs. Smith is making the pies. Girl, we make up for our lack of cooking skills in other area. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete