Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Par-TAY (The Pity Kind)

My kid woke up with NO FEVER this morning.

After taking his temperature, I literally danced a jig right there in my kitchen.  Complete with the Cabbage Patch and The Running Man. 

I'm sorry you weren't there to see it. 


I promptly put my boy in the bathtub (he hasn't bathed since LAST THURSDAY!), and then began disinfecting every last part of my house.  I put all our toothbrushes in the dishwasher.  I laundered all of his bedding and stuffed animals in HOT HOT HOT water.  Then I wiped down all of the doorknobs, sink handles, toilets, and stair railing with Clorox wipes.

Then I sat back enjoyed the glow of my radioactively clean house.  Ahhhhh.  "The pox upon my family has been lifted!".

And then I noticed William looked a little green around the gills.  Uh oh.

I checked his temperature again.  101 degrees.

I had to leave the room so that he wouldn't hear me uttering expletives and threatening the unseen virus with harm. 

I had plans this evening.  Plans to attend a board meeting (more on that later).  Plans that involved me hiring a sitter (Dave also had a meeting this evening). 

I cancelled the sitter.  The sitter service charged a cancellation fee.  I cussed again.  Then I called in "sick" to my meeting.  THEN, I resigned myself to YET ANOTHER day home with my sick kid tomorrow.

And then I had myself a good 'ol pity party.

Waaah.  Poor me.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how you found my blog, but I'm glad you did because now I found your blog and you're very funny. I love funny. OK, it's not funny that your kid is sick, but it's funny that you're funny in spite of it. I'll be reading along...

    And Womp Biscuits! Now my life is complete!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DANG IT!!! DANG DANG DANG!!! (insert explicatives!) I'm sooo sorry sweet friend!! FEVER BE GONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh- the worst!!!! However. When we kick the virus I have up here, can I hire you to come and disinfect our house that way? Wow, woman, you are good!!!

    ReplyDelete