Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oh Possum

My friend Susan visited today from Tulsa.  She brought along a friend of hers, Lynae. Or perhaps it's Lanae, or maybe even Lanay?  I have no idea.  We did not discuss the spelling of her name.  I know!  Total rookie move on my part.  Every good blogger should verify the spelling of her victim's subject's name.

Anyhoo.

LanayLanaeLynaee has a daughter, Grace (I am almost CERTAIN of the spelling on that one.  Although, now that I think about it, it could be Grayse.  But let's hope for the child's sake it's just plain old Grace. Are you even still reading?  Why?  Why are you even reading this?) 

Grace just turned one year old.  She started walking just 2 weeks ago, which means her walk is that of a very chubby, very cute Frankenstein.  And she has two wee little bottom teeth that show when she smiles.  Which is constantly.  In other words, OMG she is SO SO SO CUTE!

So I spent the day eating and shopping with Susan and her friend Luhnayee and her adorable baby.  And then, mid-afternoon, Susan went with me to fetch Paige from Mother's Day Out.   And when Paige was safely buckled in the car, Susan turned herself completely around in such a way that she could face Paige in the back seat and she began to ask Paige about her day.

How was your day Paigey Beth?  Were you a good good girl?  Did you sing songs?  What did you eat for lunch?  Where's your Bubby?  Is he at school?

And then *I* started in on Paige.

Tell your SuSu who got in trouble today.  Did Susannah go in the naughty chair? Who did you play with?

We bombarded that poor girl with a million questions.  Paige's first response was to simply take too long to answer.  Then she tried looking away from us - staring at baby Grace, or just looking out the window.

But when all of that failed, she had to pull out all the stops.

She crooked her head sideways in her car seat and pretended to fall asleep.

Meet my child, THE POSSUM.
And THEN?  Then, when we ROARED with laughter, she said (without ever opening her eyes) "SHHHHH! I sleeping!"

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud when I saw that picture. Hilarious! (p.s. I have a phobia of possums. There is a backstory.)

    ReplyDelete