Tuesday, September 6, 2011

We're Free!!


.
I don't know if I've mentioned it here before*, but it's been a touch hot here in Oklahoma this summer.

*yes, I know I've mentioned it every single day this summer.  Stop looking at me like that!

The "heat dome" (as the weather men have called it) settled over the south and just cooked us dry all summer.  I have no idea how many days it was over 100 degrees, I lost count after 52.  (Did you hear me? I said FIFTY TWO DAYS LIVING IN AN OVEN! AN OVEN ON BROIL, Y'ALL!)

It was hot here this summer, is what I'm sayin'.

And just as strangely as it appeared, the heat dome just disappeared on Sunday.  Poof!  Gone! The highs have been in the 80's.  THE EIGHTIES.  That's fully 25 degrees cooler than it was just a few days ago.

.
The English language does not contain the proper adjectives to describe my joy.  There are simply no words.

Now if you will excuse me, I've got to go find me a sweater!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray!!!

    I would have never survived over 52 days with temps in the 100s. However, I am familiar with the general phenomenon of a 25 degree drop in the space of 24 hours or so. It happens in MN a LOT. A popular saying here is, "If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes." Last week it was near 100 on Thursday and then over Labor Day weekend we woke up to temps in the low 40s. Crazy!

    Enjoy your "cool" fall weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your excitement...this week has been amazing. All I want to do is stand outside. Just stand there and soak it in....but instead I was forced into playing basketball with B. Pass the Advil please ;)

    ReplyDelete