Monday, October 31, 2011

Treat

Well!  Hello blog!  Have you missed me? 

This morning Paige was required to wear her costume to Mother's Day Out.  However, her (slacker, horrible, lazy) mother failed to properly hem her Snow White dress, so instead Paige cobbled together an outfit from her dress-up box.

She took the wand to school and used it as a weapon. *Sigh*

Then tonight, William and Paige donned their "real" costumes for the "official" Halloween festivities.

Snow White and "Jango Fett" (whoever *that* is).

Tonight we had EIGHTEEN people over for pizza before heading out for Trick-or-Treating.  Mostly neighbors and their kids, along with my mom and step-dad (who have made it a tradition to come over and hand out candy while we take the kids down the block).  I love that my kids will always remember Nana and Poppa being here for Halloween.

I also love that, when we headed out the door, Susan ran into her house and emerged with two glasses of wine. 

Henry was a ninja for the 4th year in a row.
Gosh I love my neighbors.  And not just because they supply me with alcohol.



p.s.

Check out my "monster teeth".  Apples, peanut butter, and marshmallows.

I figured they needed *something* healthy before eating all that candy.


2 comments:

  1. Love the monster teeth. Totally steeling that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome are you? But are marshmallows healthy? ;) (just kidding.)

    Jealous of the friends, grandparents, and wine. I ran home early to pass out candy b/c I felt bad about no one being home at our house for the trick or treaters. My husband did the rest of the child chaperoning and came home an hour later w/ the girls and their bags STUFFED FULL of candy. And then my older daughter got pinkeye. The end.

    ReplyDelete