Thursday, October 27, 2011

Well! Speaking of Being Nice.

So today, tralala, I went to check the mail and found THIS:

.
A book. 

From my cousin, Jenny (yes, I'm claiming her as MY cousin, even though she's technically DAVE'S second cousin, but she's MINE.).  Jenny mailed the book when she read my whiny blog post last week.  Just mailed me a book about happiness.  Just did it.  Just because. 

Can you believe?

And do I even need to tell you that Jenny has that special thing... you know the thing?  The thing where you always feel better for having encountered them.  That "light" or "glow" or something. 

Shiny People!  That's what I'm going to call them.  Shiny People.  And Jenny? She's shiny.

And did I ever tell you about the time, about a month ago, when I received (also by mail) a gift certificate for a pedicure.  The envelope simply said "from a friend".

SERIOUSLY?  Someone just mailed me a free pedicure.  Not only that, but it ended up being maybe the best pedicure I've ever received.  I swear the woman massaged the arches of my feet for half an hour.

People are so dang nice.  I am just... just... I am just speechless.  Agog.  Overwhelmed. 

And I cannot WAIT to pay it forward. 

3 comments:

  1. I love it when things like that happen. A few years back I got a piece of art in the mail with no name on it. It's a little wooden hanging angel by the artist Kelly Rae Roberts. I hung it above my bedside table. It's gorgeous. I never found out who sent it. A few weeks ago a GIANT pot of bright yellow mums appeared at my door. I figured out it was from my neighbor, who does things like that, and had a similar pot in her own driveway. But it was left anonymously. It made my entire MONTH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't give yourself enough credit, but you are the kind of person people want to do nice things for! And Shannon, please tell me you were not really leaving your comment at 3:45 am. It makes me want to mail you some Tylenol pm. For either you or your kids. You choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! LOL. For some reason my computer always puts a time stamp on comments and blog posts that is 2 hours earlier than it really is. So, no, Theresa, I did not leave that comment at 3:45 a.m. But I DID leave it at 5:45. :)

    ReplyDelete