Sunday, October 2, 2011

Janitorial Commentary

Those of you who have given birth to only girls are missing out on the joy that is living with little boys.

Especially as it pertains to the bathroom.

You are missing out on the unique experience of entering a bathroom in your very own home that smells exactly like a New York City bus station.

And I'll bet your bathroom cleaning routine does not include wiping down THE WALLS.

And before you get all smug and think "well, if *I* were the mother of a boy, *I* would teach him to pee properly".  Because, Miss SmuggiePants, you are forgetting that your boy - however well you think you trained him - has FRIENDS. 

Friends with bad aim. 

So you see, you mothers of girls, there is no escaping the Overspray of Doom.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go take a bath.  In bleach.

And then I'm going to set myself on fire.

2 comments:

  1. Preachin' to the choir my friend!! BOYS ARE GROSS! And I don't care how well their "trained" they will always at some point miss and piss on the wall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! My two boys dirty up the bathroom and their poor sister has to deal with it. I clean that thing daily and it just doesn't seem to get any better.

    We have friends who have a urinal in their garage. No joke. The mom put it in because her boys were peeing outside all of the time and they didn't want to come in the house. She then realized it was much cleaner in her bathroom and encouraged the use of the urinal!

    ReplyDelete