My boy goes to a weird school. One that only meets on Mondays and Wednesdays. The other days he's home with me doing assignments. I don't "teach" so much as I "encourage" (some would call it "nag", others would say "threaten-with-bodily-harm". Ahem.). Part of doing school this way involves using flashcards. Lots and lots of flashcards. And the school gently suggests that these cards be laminated. And all this laminating must be done before school begins.
No problem! I know my way to Kinkos. I can laminate with the best of 'um!
Except that, did you know that laminating is outrageously expensive? Like, I could have covered these flashcards IN ACTUAL GOLD and spent less money.
So after last year (where I sold a kidney to pay for laminating), I decided to wise-up and BUY MY VERY OWN LAMINATOR. Yes. You heard me. I own a laminator. What's next? My own cotton-gin? Perhaps my own butter churn?
But Hey! Need a fake ID? I'm your girl! (Most of my friends would be faking an ID to make themselves YOUNGER).
I figure, at this rate, I'm only a few steps away from those homeschooling moms who wear floor-length denim jumpers! Move over Duggers, there's a new mom in town!
(What? You KNOW Michelle Duggar TOTALLY has her own laminator.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


We have a laminator at work, and I love it! I've often thought about buying one for myself for home use. Have a boring sign? Laminate it! Recipe cards as gifts? Laminate it! Insurance card keeps getting ripped? Laminate it!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'm totally buying that laminator at Target TODAY!
I'm dying laughing. Both at this post and at Monica's comment, above.
ReplyDeleteOMG YOU HAVE A LAMINATOR! I'LL BE RIGHT THERE!
ReplyDelete(Yes, this invokes such excitement in me that I must SHOUT).