Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Play Like a Champion Today

Hello there, my Internet friends.  How have you been?

I've been writing blog posts in my head for almost a week now.  Which, doesn't really help YOU much, as you cannot visit the inside of my head and read them.  And now that I come to think of it, you should be thankful you cannot visit the inside of my head, because IT'S MESSY IN THERE. 

Today was our first "home day" of the year.  My kid goes to Regular School with Regular Kids doing Regular Things on Mondays and Wednesday's.  On Tuesday and Thursday he's home with me doing a pseudo-homeschooling thing.  It's an extraordinary school, based on an extraordinary idea, and I'm so grateful to be a *part* of my kids education, without actually having to do it all. 

So I'm grateful, yes, but I'm also daunted.  I'm working now, and my role at my job has expanded to include marketing which means MORE hours and MORE responsibility.  Yay! And also WHOA!  Because I find myself trying to homeschool AND work and maintain some semblance of household order (the laundry! SAVE ME FROM THE LAUNDRY!). 

Oh, and I'm also the homeroom mom.  I KNOW! What is wrong with me?

But you know what?  I'm totally doing it!  Not perfectly.  Sometimes not even well.  But I'm doing it.  So far, I've managed NOT to get fired, and all indications are that my kids are happy and they still like me.  So, um, GO ME!

Sometimes, I just wish that - at the end of the day - I could run down a tunnel and give everybody a high-five.  You know how they do at the beginning of a football game?  Where the players run out onto the field to roars of applause?  That.  I want to do THAT at the end of a day like today.  I need a line of high-fivers and some applause.

Someone get me a tunnel. 


1 comment:

  1. Ha! I love this idea. Don't we all need a tunnel like that sometimes? I love days when I feel like that--like I'm really on my game. You sound crazy-busy. But also like you're rocking it! And hey--it's no longer pool season, so you don't have to worry about forgetting the beach towels anymore! :)

    ReplyDelete