Thursday, August 2, 2012

I'm Totally Too Old for This

One day, maybe as much as a year ago, I was wandering through The Walmarts when I happened upon the craft aisle.  There I discovered, for only $3.50, a box full of all the supplies for making friendship bracelets.  On a whim, I bought it.

And then it sat on a shelf in my pantry for MONTHS.  Because? Who has time for such things?  Certainly not me.

But then, when I was packing for our trip to the lake a few weeks ago, I threw the box into my luggage on the off-chance that I'd have some down time in which to dedicate to my "craft".

However, I learned quickly that the promised "easy" instructions were beyond me.  But an Internet search and a few youtube.com videos set me straight.

.
Before the end of the weekend, everyone in our group was sporting a new bracelet.  And I even snookered my sister-in-law into crafting with me.

The problem is that, now, weeks later, I'm still addicted to making these stupid things.  Which means I'm going to need to make a LOT more friends.



3 comments:

  1. I bought my own box and we had 5 girls making bracelets last night! They're out of control now! They have them on their ankles and wrists. Even Uncle Stevie is sporting one :) all thanks to you. You are awesome, now I have to get back to my thread...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe the one on the far right belongs to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! I love this!! Please promptly mail one to me. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete