Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The "F" Word

Tonight Dave had a dinner meeting, which meant I was on my own with the kids until bedtime.  I decided to break up the monotony of the evening by taking them to Chick Fil A for dinner.  Because: 1) delicious, and 2) playground.

'Nuff said.

While we were eating, William turned to me and politely asked "Momma, can I toot in here?".  I responded, that no, as a matter of fact, if he could PLEASE not toot in public that would be most excellent.

And before I go on, I should tell you that we say "toot" in our house.  "Fart" is not allowed.  In fact, William firmly believes that "The 'F' Word" is "fart".  And I don't plan on enlightening him as to the REAL 'F' word for, well, a LONG time.

Anyway, when I told William that I would prefer that he NOT pass gas in a crowded restaurant, he grinned and said (I swear to you) "No problem, I'll just save this one for later".

*Sigh* Boys.

After eating, the kids played on the playground for half and hour, then we loaded up in the car to head home.  As I was buckling my own seat belt, William, uh, unleashed what he'd clearly been holding in since dinner.  Let's just say that even the Russian judge would've rated this one a 10.0.  It was an impressive sound.  Manlike.  Beastlike, even.

I turned around planning to acknowledge the immensity of his emanation, but when I saw his face, I stopped short.  He was sitting there with a stunned look on his face.  And he was sort of blanched.  Horrified even.  I asked what was wrong. 

"Momma, I think I just pooped in my pants."

In my house, we refer to this as sharting.  But I wasn't about to add a word like shart to my 6 year old's lexicon.  Instead, I calmly explained that this was somewhat normal.  That it happens to everyone at some point in their lives. 

And then I faced the front and tried realllly hard not to let him see me giggling all the way home.

7 comments:

  1. So funny you posted this. Today as I was signing for my package the UPS guy totally sharted. Certainly gives new meaning to "what can brown do for you."

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Rita, we are laughing so hard over here. I mean I swear milk nearly blew out of Simon's nose! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, children. You have to pretty much get used to talking about and dealing with just about any questionable subject imaginable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parenting is not as easy at it looks!

    My no. 3 was doing his homework in the car yesterday and it was something about using blends with -ick, so he was thinking of words outloud "chick, stick..."

    And no. 4 screams out "DICK!" (She has no idea what that means, but there were 3 thirteen year olds in the car too, so you can imagine the reaction...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Fart" is the "F" word in our house too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I'm in tears laughing! Poor little guy, but what a funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!!!!!!!!! That is soooo great..My hubby works for UPS and would never do that..LOL This made us smile and laugh so hard:) thanks for the post....

    ReplyDelete