![]() |
| . |
Since I only had a few things on my list, I allowed Paige to walk along beside the shopping cart, rather than buckling (trapping) her in the little seat. This required quite a bit of bravery on my part. Paige is TWO, after all, and is known to (1) run off, (2) touch things, and/or (3) break things. But I was feeling extra patient, I suppose.
As I walked along the aisles, I kept my eyes glued to Paige's little toddling body making sure she didn't, I don't know, somehow cause the entire store to cave in (a real possibility with this child). And I guess I was so busy watching Paige that I wasn't really watching where *I* was going with the shopping cart.
And I knocked a HUGE fire extinguisher off of the wall.
The resulting KLANGKLANGKERTHUMP caused everyone in the vicinity to stop and stare. The store became eerily quiet.
And that's when Paige said (LOUDLY), "Oh NO Momma! You broke the trumpet!"
I suppose the extinguisher spray hose *did* look a bit like a horn.
When the Target employee showed up to re-attach the extinguisher to the wall, Paige was sure to inform him that her mommy was "very naughty".
Indeed.


Best Target story ever. :) Rita! You always make me laugh.
ReplyDeleteBtw, I was at Target 2 days in a row this week. Don't ask. But I got 2 dresses (for spring/summer; I think I want spring so badly I think that if I buy a sundress it will come) and a pair of jeans for $75 total! How could I resist?!? I mean! Two dresses and a pair of jeans for $75?! And they're super cute. Yay. Who says retail therapy is a bad idea?!
At least your kid wasn't the one that pulled down the metal privacy screen by the pharmacy...Thanks for royally embarrassing momma, Haley! (one of my patients caught it just before it crashed on her head)
ReplyDelete