![]() |
And I couldn't think of one single thing. Not one.
Which felt so sad to me, because I consider myself a pretty happy person. I'm always laughing. I always see the events in my life through the prism of humor. Because, let's face it, life is funny most of the time.
Apparently, funny is easier for me than fun. I couldn't think of an ACTIVITY that I did for fun.
In fact, I wrote about it here. I wrote about how I didn't do anything for fun. WHICH IS SO IRONIC, because it has occurred to me (more than a week later) that I like THIS - writing! I love it.
I wish I could say that this epiphany came to me as if in a dream, but in truth, I realized it after reading this quote from a man who LOVES computer programming (go figure):
"The pleasure of making things that are useful to other people." Seeing other people take delight in what we've created, or benefit from something we've done, is enormously satisfying.
Ok, so I cannot actually prove that this blog is useful to anyone other than me, but I have been told (on more than one occasion even!) that someone laughed at something I've written. Sadly, they are usually laughing at ME. But hey! They "took delight in what I've created", even if it was at my own expense.
And I think that's fun!
It only took me TEN DAYS to figure this out. *Sigh*


Me too. I love writing. :) Even when it's only interesting to me. :)
ReplyDeleteI love writing and - I'll say it - blogging FOR FUN.
ReplyDeleteAnd maybe that's lame and maybe that sparks a big eye roll with some people, but I've stopped caring.
(I admit it took me a long time to stop caring.)