Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Any Minute Now Their Brains Will Oooze From Their Ears



Curled up in my bed with their stuffties.  Preshusss.

The kids and I are curled up in my bed watching a movie.  It's 7pm and everyone has eaten, brushed their teeth, and put on pajamas.  The very MINUTE this movie ends, everyone under the age of 37 is going straight to bed.

No, not because anyone has been particularly naughty.  It's actually been a very lovely day.  It's just that Dave has had a dinner meeting every night this week... leaving me here.  With the children.  ALL. DAY. LONG.

It's a LOT of togetherness.

Which is why I'm letting the Electronic Babysitter entertain my children.  I simply cannot play another game of Candyland or Dora Uno.  I can't.  I CAN'T STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!

Tomorrow I've scheduled a playdate with our neighbor kids (who are ages 5 and 3).  Both my kids are super excited because a) they love these children and b) they need some kid interaction.

I fear this will be a constant battle this school year as all of William's friends attend "regular" school, and therefore are not home during the day like we are.  I've lined up play dates during the week (after 3:30pm, when his buddies are out of school), but I worry that he'll be lonesome this year.

Mainly I worry because I don't know how to do anything else.  I cannot simply be at peace.  MOMMY MUST ALWAYS WORRY.  It's in The Rules.  Check them.  You'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I totally know. I could no more stop worrying about things than I could sprout wings and fly. And I'm a psychologist! I swear it's a temperament thing. AND a mom thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get it! The last hour of our evening has Phinneas & Ferb holding my younger two's attention while the oldest is at football practice. They're tapped out and I'm so there with them.

    Worry? Never! ;)

    ReplyDelete