Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekend Lessons

Things I learned on my ski vacation*:

1. I learned to take my back foot out of my ski.

Skillz.

2.  I learned to take my back foot out of my ski WITH someone else next to me.

Skillz: They're multiplyin'.
3. I learned to ski with no hands. 

Look Ma! Fat Thighs ARE good for something!
4.  I learned that you have to watch my SIL veeeery closely while skiing.

She's sneaky.

5. I learned to ski on the disk BACKWARD.

I also learned that my hiney is HUGE. 

6. I learned that building a pyramid can lead to bruising.

My legs look like I took a hammer to them.

7. I learned that when my SIL says "lets build a knee board pyramid!", that it might not turn out as cool as we'd hoped.

He looks like he's riding on two turtles.

8. I learned that even a three year old can ski if properly motivated.

And with the right teacher.
9. I learned that a seven year old is harder to motivate.

This right here?  Cost me ten bucks.
10. I learned that, when holding on to the back of a knee board, you should not position your nose near Paige's, um, crack. 

Why, of COURSE she tooted.  I TASTED it.  And it was also HOT. *GAG*


*There are not enough words to properly thank our hosts.  Mike and Donna, we are SO grateful.  Truly.

3 comments:

  1. You are very talented! I laughed hard at the knee board pyramid. :) Looks like you had beautiful weather for water skiing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, the Ortloff pyramids are LEGENDARY. Love seeing you fully taking part. I'm too much of a scared-y cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im Impressed! I can't even water ski!

    ReplyDelete