![]() |
| . |
We never have subscribed to premium channels like HBO, and yet our bill can sometimes reach $150. Whoa!
We plan to order Netflix at around $15 per month, which should satisfy our occasional need to veg on the couch.
I honestly don't think we'll miss cable. Do you still watch television? Could you live without cable?


I haven't had cable in years - we don't miss it at all! Netflix is good, but Hulu is the best - for about $8 per month we watch all our favorite TV shows in their current season - no waiting until they come out on DVD. A pair of rabbit ears gets us all the college football we need, and we save a TON. Hope you love it too!
ReplyDeleteI would love to get rid of that $100/month bill, but I don't think I could live without Nick Jr, TLC, or FoodNetwork. Sometimes (okay, every single day), I need that digital babysitter for just a few minutes (okay, hours) to get a few things done around the house!
ReplyDeleteI adore my "Glee" on Tuesday nights and my shameful addiction to the "48 Hours Mystery" and "Dateline" shows that are on at 9 p.m. now which means I always fall asleep before the end. Because of where we live (on the edge of the town, basically in the country), we have to buy "basic cable" just to get any TV channels at all--even the basic broadcast channels I mean. But that's all we pay for. For a long time we got "real" cable (not the premium channels like HBO but some 100 channels including things like E! and Bravo) for free, just b/c it happened to be there even though we never subscribed. Then one day it was gone. I thought I'd miss it but I really don't.
ReplyDeleteWe got rid of cable about a year and a half ago, and honestly, I love it. We only watch the shows we want (for free on the computer) and so I don't get sucked in to wasting time on shows I don't care about. I feel so much more productive in the evenings now. We get streaming netflix so we have access to all the TV shows we could ever need (Blue's Clues, Super Why, Sesame Street, etc) AND as an added bonus my kids aren't exposed to a bunch of commercials trying to sell them sugary foods or toys they don't need. I love it! Only my husband loses out - he does miss his sports, but he's doing okay.
ReplyDelete