| . |
Today was the last day of school for William. Parents were invited to come to the school at 2pm to enjoy a little Christmas program, followed by parties in each classroom. We were assigned items to bring - some brought cookies, others cakes, still others crackers and juice.
Which meant that I knew going into today that William was going to eat all of the foods that he's been trying to avoid for the last week. And I was perfectly OK with that, because I didn't want to restrict him on this special day. Especially since we don't have to do any school work for 2 weeks. I figured if his brain got a bit addled from all those dyes and chemicals it wouldn't be the end of the world.
Except it turned out to be just that.
The boy was fine and dandy for about 2 hours, and then it was almost like a switch had been thrown. He started out surly, then he phased into grumpy, and finally he turned downright mean and angry.
And let me just tell you, my kid is a LOT of things, but mean and angry are not words I would EVER use to describe him. At one point this afternoon he KICKED HIS SISTER.
Why? Because she was crying. And he didn't like the noise. And would you like to know WHY she was crying? Because he'd whacked her with a lightsaber. In the nose!
All this to say, I think these Feingold Diet people might be on to something.
Maybe.

I'm telling you!!!
ReplyDeleteA friend swears by this book too:
ReplyDeleteSue Dengate "Failsafe foods "
The door of food additives, our food system, and what we eat is a giant black hole that you never fully emerge from. Luckily, we don't have any sensitivies in our family, but we have made significant changes in some of the things we eat. I had to give up dairy while nursing, and let me tell you my life-long acne VANISHED! Of course, the bowl milk drenched cereal eaten two days ago now resides on my face, but at least I know the cause. I can email you a few book recommendations if you want. I'm sure you read her, but Amalah.com would be a great resource as I know her oldest has food sensitivities.
ReplyDelete