Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's Snack Time? AGAIN?

I have one child who is happy to eat three square meals per day (William), and one child (ahem: PAIGE) who would like to graze ALL THE LIVE LONG DAY.

And the thing is, Paige is obedient, which means that she follows my rules.  Which means that she always asks before helping herself to food.  Which means? SHE'S ASKING ME FOR FOOD ALLLLLL THE TIME.

God bless her soul.

But last week, I finally figured out a system where my little billy goat could graze to her hearts content without nibbling away at mommy's nerves.

Presenting The Snack Tray:

.
I fill it each morning with healthy choices and leave it on the kitchen table.  Paige is allowed to munch away throughout the day, no asking required.  I feel so smart! And also stupid! Because why did it take me this long to figure this out?

Boy, if only I were having a third baby, because I really think by the third try, I could get this mothering thing right.

Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant!

    It's amazing how much we learn (finally) over time, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, the 3rd would come with a whole new set of quircks and you would be just as lost as you were the first 2 times. I don't think I'm any better with the 3rd than with the first 2- although maybe just a little more relaxed with myself!

    ReplyDelete