Monday, December 7, 2009

A Day In the Deep Dark Forest

Internet, I have to admit something to you:
.
I don't always enjoy playing with my 5 year old.
.
He's bossy.
.
He's loud.
.
Also, did I mention he's bossy?

You're doing it all WRONG, momma!

Today, William insisted we play "Puppy and Bird Get Lost In the Deep Dark Forest".

Wha?

Allow me to explain.

Puppy and Bird Get Lost in the Deep Dark Forest is:

  1. An elaborate 27-part play.
  2. With dialog invented on the fly.
  3. Involving a cast of stuffed animals.
  4. All traveling in an old diaper box.
  5. The diaper box is used as a makeshift raft.
  6. The raft floats on a pretend river that winds throughout the house.

I won't ruin the ending of this play for you, but I will warn you about one graphic scene wherein Mrs. Robinson (the stuffed bird) gets her beak! bitten! OFF! by a wolf.

Oh, don't worry. The wolf is defeated in the end with a MINIATURE light saber.

Because, clearly, a tiny robin bird cannot wield a full-sized light saber.

That would be ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment