And I said no.
No I do not want to say goodbye to this year.
Yes, the last 30 days have been tough. (Yes! January 1st marks THIRTY DAYS of unemployment! - not that I'm counting).
But 2009 was a year of sweet blessings. I watched my chubby 4 year old grow into a 5 year old Big Boy before my eyes. Doing things like learning to swim and **gasp** eating a hamburger. He brings me joy the likes of which I never dreamed.
And then there's Paige. Our lives are so full with this little girl in our family. After only 18 months, I'm left wondering how I ever lived a day of my life without her in it. It's like she's always been a part of me. Of our family. Even before we knew her.
And then there's this man.
I've known for 16 years that he was a great man, but the last 30 days have shined a light on his character in ways that I never thought possible. Simply stated, he is good. All the way down to the marrow of his soul. He's just good.
Thank you, sweet readers for giving me this outlet. More than anything, 2009 will stand out to me as the year I found The Internet, and the community therein.
I know for the first time in a long while that I am not alone. I am not invisible.
I am forever grateful.
I hope 2010 is your best year yet. Every single one of you.

I so love that I believe you're talking to me! You certainly give as much and more than you receive. I've adored finding YOU in 2009! I'm sending all my positive vibes to you and David. Cindy Ortloff Olson (your third cousin-in-law or something like that)
ReplyDeleteThat picture. Of you and your man. What beauty!
ReplyDelete