Saturday, December 26, 2009

Jesus Was With Us This Christmas!

Internet! I almost died yesterday.

No really!

Almost.

DIED.

My husband was still in a bit of a funk yesterday (yes! on Christmas day you all!), so we decided to drive to the in-laws. Because nothin' will get a man out of his funk like seein' his own personal momma.

Now, the trip to the in-laws normally takes 2 hours tops.

Folks, yesterday it took FOUR HOURS.

That seems bad, huh?

But what makes it worse is, we drove much of that time on ICE. Black ice. Black ice in the dark. In the mountains. (ok, I'm not sure if you can call the Arbuckles "mountains", but there were inclines! Inclines with black! ice!).

But, by the grace of God himself, we made it. Unscathed.

Well, that's not entirely true. Our bottoms were hurting mighty bad when we arrived, what with all the CLENCHING. And our jaws were tired, FROM ALL THE CLENCHING.

Oh, and the baby's adorable Christmas dress was soaked. In pee. Because, no diaper can hold 4 hours of peepee and live to tell the tale.

But, I'll take a soaked dress and a sore bottom over DEATH.

And I swear we thought we were going to die. I swear we did.

So, Internet, I know you were probably saying prayers of thanks to God yesterday for sending us the baby Jesus, but he was unavailable to take your calls, as he was busy sitting in the car with my family protecting us from DEATH.

Because, did I mention we almost DIED yesterday? On black ice?

I did? Well, we did.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment