See that woman up there in that picture? The one on the left?That's my mother-in-law, Pam. And yesterday was her Birthday! She is
I have spent the last 16 years of my life admiring and respecting this woman. The woman that raised my husband. And his brothers. All three of those boys are are good all the way to their cores. I'm talking Boyscout good. Yes, they're that good.
And I believe they are good because this woman raised 'um right.
And so it was that I was busy admiring and respecting Pam when Thanksgiving 2009 rolled around. And during our Thanksgiving weekend, my brother-in-law unveiled the above picture.
Scroll back up there and look again.
Did you see that hair?
Are you agog?
Pam explained that EVERYONE was wearing their hair like this in the late 60's/early 70's.
When I inquired as to the physics of this creation, she calmly explained that - to achieve additional height and volume - she was wearing a tiny wig. A wigglet.
DID YOU HEAR ME INTERNET?
I said "wigglet". And if that isn't the funniest word belonging to the funniest item in the world, then I just don't know what is.
And now I've posted a picture of the wigglet (as modeled by my mother-in-law) for all the world to see. So, uh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAM!
Uh oh. Did you hear that sound?
It was the sound of Pam returning all of my Christmas presents.

I saw her go under the tree and get your only present. Then she crossed out your name and put MY name on it!
ReplyDeleteI really had it comin' didn't I?
ReplyDelete