Really?
Well, that's just too long!
I have no idea why I chose this picture for this blog post. No idea at all.
.
So today my little family was traveling home from Dave's hometown. The trip usually takes about 2 hours. About an hour into our voyage baby Paige begins to cough.Poor baby. She has a cold.
And so she coughs. And coughs. And coughs some more.
Until she coughed so hard she vomited.
Yes she did.
Right there in the car. On the interstate. In the middle of nowhere.
And here's where it gets a little yucky: She'd eaten pepperoni pizza and orange juice for lunch.
You can just imagine the scene. The color. The texture.
AND THE AROMA.
Oh my. Motherhood is not for the faint of heart.
So Dave pulls the car over and I spring into action with leftover fast food napkins and the scant few baby wipes I had in my purse.
The entire time we're cleaning her up, I'm grumbling about the smell of PIZZA! mixed with ORANGE! JUICE! and how no two smells could be more disgusting when intermingled then wretched.
And the baby heard her momma say the magic word. The word that she longs to hear each night at dinnertime: pizza.
And she began her hungry chant:
PIZZAPIZZAPIZZAPIZZAPIZZA!
So that was the scene today at 4pm along 1-35 somewhere between Hooterville and Bugtussle.
A momma trying desperately to clean without vomiting. And a baby begging to be fed the very thing she'd just vomited.
I suppose it's funny now. But at the time, I could find absolutely no humor in the situation.

No comments:
Post a Comment