Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall Fashion Foto Week - Day 4

Before I show you my outfit for today, I need to give you some background.

First of all, I'm on vacation today. And I really love to go on vacation.

BUT I TOTALLY HATE TO TRAVEL.

Seriously. I left my house this morning at 9:30am. I arrived at my quaint beach cottage at 9:30pm. I damn near could've driven here. Or perhaps walked. I'm exhausted. And a tiny bit cranky.

Of course, my crankiness may stem from my neighbor on the airplane. You see, my husband was unable to book our seats together on the plane. But that was no problem. I love to read.

I'll just read for two hours. That seems like a little bit of heaven to me, actually.

Reading for two whole hours? Yes. Heaven.

Oh, but then I was seated in the window seat. Next to me (in the coveted aisle seat) was a Very Large Man. A very large man infected with the most intense case of the flu I've ever seen. Or perhaps it was Ebola. Hard to tell.

His eyes were glassy. His skin was so white it was almost gray. And he coughed and coughed and coughed and coughed. At one point his entire lung flopped right out and conveniently landed in the seat back pocket. I bet no one will want to read THAT Skymall Magazine.

With all this in mind, please do not judge my end-of-the-day-survived-Ebola outfit:

See that scarf? Yeah. I BREATHED INTO THAT SCARF FOR TWO HOURS ON THE PLANE! Because I didn't have one of those handy surgical masks. And rubber gloves. And a full body condom. All I had was my scarf. My scarf may very well have saved my life today.

I'm also wearing my favorite Gap black tee and my Gap denim jacket. I've owned them for approximately EVER. And I love them so.

Oh, and those shoes? They're Keens. And if there are shoes in heaven, they'll be made by Keen. They're that comfortable. Perfect for airports.

And for running away from nearly dead men on airplanes.

I must run now and boil my entire body in rubbing alcohol.

3 comments:

  1. oh man! I am in nursing school so I know ALL about the diseases and stuff people are catching right now. I'm super paranoid about it all as well!!! I love the outfit though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post and recap was hilarious. I hope you are thoroughly scrubbed down now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to know where you bought the shoes. I'm forever looking for cute, comfortable shoes. (Heels are no longer a part of my life.)

    ReplyDelete