And I did that. Right here.
At least I thought I did. But I forgot one. Sorry, Internet.
This little story takes place when William is 2 1/2 years old.
He looked like this:
Let's take a moment and observed that hair. My goodness. He was the cutest toddler ever, was he not?Alright, let's resume our story:
We were bored on a cold winter day, so we ventured out to the local mall. This particular mall has a squishy playground made just for teeny kids. The floor is even padded. There are benches surrounding the playground for the tired mommies to sit. We visited this locale often. Because, well, we were bored often.On this particular day we'd been there only a few minutes when another mother arrived with her child. The child was, oh, maybe 14 months old. Little. Chubby. Unsteady on this feet.
Oh, AND he had the most impressive mohawk I've ever seen. On anyone. Ever. The sides of his head were completely shaved bald, and the hair down the middle was spiked with copious amounts of hair gel. Hair gel. A Mohawk. He was 14 months old.
I wondered, who does this to a wee child?
And then I saw his mother. She was very young. And big. And ROUGH. Mean looking. I immediately determined that she could kill me with a single punch.
And then I saw it: William was looking the Mohawk Baby up and down. I was terrified! What if he made a disparaging comment about this kids wacko mohawk! His mother would surely kill me. With one punch!
But alas, William stared for a long minute, then went about playing as normal. I breathed a sigh of relief. Crisis averted.
Several minutes later Mohawk Baby dropped his pacifier. William picked it up and in his kindest voice said "HERE YOU GO LITTLE DINOSAUR".

HA HA HA WOO HOO HEE HEE HAAAAAA!
ReplyDeleteWhat a silly little William! Oh how I remember that mall playground well. Took the Cheese Eater there when he was a wee one and we still lived in OKC. Good little playground--minus the mowhawks.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh...does his little sister look like him or what?!?!
ReplyDelete*Grin* This is absolutely hysterical.
ReplyDelete