.
And in my house, that somethin' is the grocery budget. We spend so very much on food each month. It's outrageous.
.
Plus, I have SO MUCH FOOD stockpiled here. You'd think I was preparing for Y2K, or Armageddon, or a Southern family reunion.
.
It's ridiculous.
.
So ridiculous that I've decided NOT to go to the grocery store for the rest of the week. Nor will we eat out. Nope. We're gonna eat what we've got. Yes we are.
.
And in the spirit of my new mission. My Mission to Eat the Stockpile. I cleaned out the freezer today. I needed to get a sense of what I had to work with.
.
Oh, I won't bore you with what I found. The FULL TRASH BAG of out-of-date items. No. I'll just show you the most impressive specimen:
.
Folks, this is what my 5 year old looked like in August of 2004:
Hi tiny newborn baby William! Could you please tell your mommy to throw out those wieners?
.Could you ask her not to PACK AND MOVE those wieners to Oklahoma City in a few months? Could you also ask her not to STORE THEM FOR FIVE YEARS AFTER THEIR EXPIRATION? Could you also ask her why she even bought the hot dogs? Because no one in our house likes or eats wieners. Ask her that for me, would ya?
Thank you sugar, that is all. Now go sleep thru the night and give your mommy a break..
And so today began the first day of Make Due With What You Have On Hand cooking.
.
I made homemade turkey pot pie.
I made it with leftover turkey from Sunday.
.
And it tasted divine.
Plus, I used some of The Stockpile. It was a definite win/win.

No comments:
Post a Comment