
Would you look at these dumplin's?
But hoooo doggie. We're having a peaceful time here in Utopia. Those babies are just going to have to wait.
*Special message to my Mother-in-Law: you have 60 hours left - please don't sell the baby to the gypsies. I know it's tempting, but I swear I'll be back to get her soon. Oh, and THANK YOU. (again)
As part of our perfect-day-in-a-quiet-beach-town we went to dinner with some locals. Our friends said not to wear anything fancy. No one gets dressed up in a beach town.
So, I wore this:
Crisp white shirt from Walmart. Cropped $9 jeans from Walmart, $9 flats from Target, and $80 chunky pearl necklace from Talbots.As I type this, I'm thinking SERIOUSLY? I spent more on my faux pearl necklace than I did on my entire outfit?
Also, I shop mostly at Walmart for CLOTHING? Oh my goodness.
This Fall Fashion Foto thingy has revealed much about me. Since having children, I refuse to buy myself expensive clothing. I always assume my size will change. I'll be thinner next year - I shouldn't spend much on clothes. This clothing is TEMPORARY CLOTHING.
Hmmmm. Funny thing is, I'm the same damn size I was this time last year.
Go figure.

Your "temporary" clothing looks great. Probably better than my attempts to just wear the same clothing from before I had kids!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the rest of the vacation!
How did you possibly travel with a crisp white shirt? Please tell me you did not iron it once you got there! Don't you know travel rule #1? Thou shalt NOT iron while on vacation!!
ReplyDeleteso cute. i am also curious about the wrinkle-free mystery. i hope you guys are having a BLAST!!
ReplyDeleteMy rule #1 is Thou shalt not BUY anything that requires ironing:) Think I need to go to Walmart...those jeans are darling! xo
ReplyDeleteNope. No ironing required. My Walmart white shirt is wrinkle-free.
ReplyDeleteI guess the folks at Walmart figure their clientele isn't much for ironing, so they go ahead and make the shirts wrinkle-free.
Those Walmart people are smart like that.
Whenever someone compliments me on an outfit (which doesn't happen often, but still...) I feel compelled to tell them where I bought it. "Target--12 bucks!" The Golfer always tells me to quick giving away my secrets, but I simply can't help myself! You look fantastic in your Wal-Mart outfit!
ReplyDelete