Friday, October 9, 2009

Where Did THIS Come From?

My alarm went off at 4:20 this morning. Yes. You heard me. I said 4:20am.

Why? Well, apparently, I thought it would take me twenty five minutes to put on my tennis shoes and walk the eleven steps to neighbor Susan's front door.

I clearly have no concept of time management. Or reality. Or distance.

Or perhaps I just thought it would take a very long time to tie shoes at that ungodly hour.

I went next door at 4:45am to take care of Susan's adorable boys. You see, Susan had to dash off to the airport. Where she would then catch a plane to Napa Valley. You know, so she can drink wine with fabulous women all weekend. Wine! With other adult humans! In the Valley of The Nappas.

Mmmmm. Napping. That sounds nice. Oh wait. Where was I?

Right. I was on a jealous diatribe. Let's continue.

No problem Susan, I'll just be here, un-showered, in my yoga pants wiping noses and making conversation with my Small People who only want to discuss the many layers of Star Wars and the differing smells and sounds of the human bottom.

I'm not jealous. No. Not at all.

By noon I'd been awake for 8 hours, but sadly looked exactly the same as I did at 4am. Maybe even a bit worse. However, my kids looked especially adorable today.

So, naturally, I made them pose for pictures.

William didn't mind.

Today is a special Uniform Free Day at school. Uniform! Free! Day! It makes William so happy he does spontaneous Jazz Hands. Yes it does.

And baby Paige politely posed for me. Well, sort of.

To be honest, I had to use a hand puppet and a tricky little peek-a-boo dance to get her to smile. I'm nothing if not a resourceful photographer. Also, I have no shame.

And as I was editing these pictures this evening, I noticed the most unbelievable amazing astounding thing:

OMG! SHE'S NOT A BABY ANYMORE! SHE'S A GINORMOUS TODDLER!
,
When did this happen? Seriously! Yesterday I was breastfeeding this lump of flesh that had the personality AND shape of a nice rump roast. NOWWOULDYOULOOKATHER?
.
I seriously hope I'm just seeing things. Yes. That's it! I'm SEEING THINGS. I'm sure lack of sleep is affecting my perspective.
.
I can't wait to wake up in the morning and snuggle my Teeny Tiny Itty Bitty Newborn Baby Girl.
.
Because that's what she is. And don't you be telling me anything different.

1 comment: