Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Gratitude

I have spent today getting things ready for a vacation. I'm accompanying Dave on a business trip and his sweet parents have agreed to keep our kids FOR FOUR DAYS. Can you believe?

These grandparents clearly have no idea what they're getting in to. And I'm not going to tell them. No No No. Not until it's too late for them to back out.

**maniacal laughter**

You see, I really need to get myself out of town. I can't wait to spend some time with Dave all by myself. What will we do with ourselves without small people clinging to our pant legs?

Wait. Don't answer that. This is a PG-type blog, people.

So today I've been washing clothes and buying supplies in preparation for the kids' trip to Dave's hometown. And as I'm wont to do, I'm feeling nervous about this whole traveling endeavor. I'm nervous the kids will be naughty. I'm worried they'll get sick. What if someone is injured? What if my airplane crashes and my orphaned children must be raised by wolves in the Australian outback...

Oh dear, you can see how my mind can just spin slap out of control. *Also, ARE there wolves in the Australian outback?

So to calm my anxiety, I've been keeping a little mental list of all the things in my life on this very day to be grateful for. This always helps me. You should try it sometime.

I'm grateful for our sweet friends who came to dinner last night.

They are expecting their first child this month. I loved visiting with them. You know, before their lives are torn apart then ever so slowly stitched back together to include a third party.

And I think Jami is going to be a fine fine momma. Just look at her.
My kids would certainly agree. Poor gal is 36 weeks pregnant, but that didn't stop Paige from trying to sit in what remains of her lap.
.
I'm grateful for the little Halloween card that arrived today for William.

Inside William found Five! Whole! Dollars! from Nana and Poppa. Which meant that we had to race straight out after dinner to spend William's loot.
.
Check out his purchase:

A complicated Lego critter for kids AGES 6 AND UP. Uh oh. He's only FIVE. Whoops!
.
Which means I can't forget to be grateful for Dave.


The man sat patiently at the table with William until The Critter was built. That Dave. He's a good doobie. Yes he certainly is.
.
And finally, I'm grateful for Emery. She took one look at my old blog design and decided I needed a seriously face lift. So she did just that. In about 6.4 seconds she'd created the background you see before you. That is just how good she is.
.
Isn't it adorable?
.
I feel so fancy now! Like a legitimate, bona fide, serious blogger. Well, as serious as a blogger can be when the subject matter consistently includes snot and poop references.
.
I am grateful. Truly. Thanks Emery!

No comments:

Post a Comment