Dave went to work. (Work! Job! I will never grow tired of saying it.)
And I took the kids to the zoo. Just a regular day, really.
Except, yesterday, our sweet neighbors came with us to the zoo. Which is extra special because the neighbor boys are Big Boys. School-Age Boys.
But, yesterday those Big Boys were out of school. Which meant we could all play together in the morning before William went off to Pre-K in the afternoon.
And allow me a moment to gush about these children. Henry is 9, Charlie is 7.
Now, my William is only 5. And the neighbor boys just could not possibly be any kinder to my child - The Little Kid. They play with him as an equal. But they also baby him like a little brother.
At one point yesterday I caught Henry (the 9 year old) examining William's injured arm. Henry looked like a pediatrician. "Does it hurt when you do this (moving arm around)?" "Have you fallen recently?" William stopped and let Henry do his thing, and seemed to feel better after a little attention.
OMG, I melted into a tiny puddle on the floor.
These boys see each other almost every day. Meeting up in my backyard to jump on the trampoline or play in the sandbox or to kick a ball. They rarely fight. They're always polite.
In short, I adore them.
And don't even get me started on their mother. (Susan, from Friday Playdate)
Here we are at the zoo yesterday.
What a day.
We *heart* our neighbors.






Oh this made me cry a little. I cannot tell you how lucky we are to have you as our neighbors.
ReplyDeleteAnd even better, our friends.
(Also, don't forget that Paige LOVES Henry, which is good because Charlie is the one who will buy her beer in high school. Henry will tell her she SHOULD NOT BE DRINKING. So that will work out well.)
Sweet as pie!
ReplyDelete