(more about this later)
You know, the day when I drop the baby off (crying/kicking/screaming) at Mother's Day Out so that I can spend a few hours with my Big Boy.
And today I was feeling a little guilty because I didn't have anything fantastic planned for our day. No museum visits, or (God help me) a trip to the Lego store.
When I asked William what he might like to do, he simply said "I'd like to know how they make ice cream".
Um, well, alrighty then.
We went to the store and bought the ingredients. Cream. Eggs. Milk. Fresh Strawberries.
And then we came home and put all that stuff in the refrigerator.
That's it. That's as far as we got with ice cream today. Apparently, my Krups ice cream maker requires at least 24 hours in the freezer before it's ready to do its magic. And **someone** (ahem, HUSBAND!) thought that ice cream maker was taking up too much room in our freezer, and removed it.
Hrumph.
I've promised William we'll be making homemade ice cream at the crack of dawn tomorrow.
He's only moderately excited. I think the feeling/curiosity/desire has passed. Or, it could have something to do with the cold snap we've experienced. The temperature dropped steadily all day today. By tomorrow morning, it'll be in the 40's.
Stupid Oklahoma weather.
After our failed ice cream attempt, I had just enough time to run an errand. An ERRAND. On Mommy and Will Day.
The shame.
However, this particular errand required me to drop off a few things to my mother at work. So, the errand included Nana.
That makes it better, right?
So, we pull into Nana's office parking lot and we see what appears to be a NASCAR rig. You know, the big 18-wheeler hauler thingy? The thingy that pulls the racecar around?
Yeah. That thingy.
I ran inside and asked mom what in the world was going on. Apparently, one of their vendors sponsors a NASCAR team and offered to bring the car for everyone to see.
And so we wandered back outside and watched the men unloading an actual, bona fide, racecar from that hauler truckie thingy.
And William's head just... just... well, it just exploded. That's all. It just exploded.
So, I would like to thank NASCAR for accidentally making today the Best Mommy and Will Day Ever.





OMG I totally run errands with my 3 year old when my older daughter is at a.m. kindergarten. I consider it quality mommy-and-me time. ;)
ReplyDeleteHave to admit that I laughed out loud at the title.
ReplyDelete