Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Long Shot

My baby?  Still sick. 

STILL!

How do I know?

What was my first clue?

Well, for one thing, this:



This picture was taken in the pantry.  Where the dog sleeps.  Where there are stained concrete floors.

The baby is asleep.  With the dog.  On the floor.

At 9am.

We went BACK to the pediatrician again today. 

Why yes, Dr. Hardzog, I HAVE missed seeing you... it's been almost 72 hours!

Turns out NONE of the antibiotics are working, so she resorted to giving the baby a shot of what she CLAIMS were antibiotics.

However, the goop in the syringe had the color and consistency of HAIR GEL and took fully TEN SECONDS to inject into my wee baby girl.

Ten.        Long.        Seconds.

And guess what?  We get to go back tomorrow and get another one!

And Thursday?  Yep.  Another one still. 

On top of the Hair Gel Torture Shots, the pediatrician also suggested we go see our Ear/Nose/Throat specialist again.  She believes we will not have resolution until Paige has ear tubes.

And guess what?  Our health insurance runs out on Friday.

Yes!  THIS Friday.

So, I marched myself over to the ENT specialist and stood in front of their receptionist and literally BEGGED for them to see me this week.  I even took the sick baby with me for extra sympathy.

And it worked!  The sweet specialist is seeing us tomorrow ON HIS LUNCH HOUR.

Wow. 

Makes me wonder what ELSE I could get if I used a sick baby for leverage. 


My sick baby would feel much better if you'd buy her a zebra.

1 comment: