Sunday, December 5, 2010

Avian Anger



My kid hates crafts.  HATES them.  Anything involving coloring or cutting or gluing makes him break out into hives.  In fact, sometimes if he's really naughty, I just make him go color as a punishment.  It gets him every time.

Yet, when he saw this video tutorial about Angry Bird* Christmas tree ornaments, he begged, BEGGED for me to buy the supplies so that we could make them.

And I promptly ignored him.  Because, seriously, the boy HATES crafts.  I figured he'd forget about the video in a few days and that would be that.

But he begged all week.  ALL WEEK the boy begged to do a craft!

So I had no choice but to buy the supplies.

And sure enough, he happily cut and glued and constructed.   He was such a happy little crafter! 


I'd love to think this all means he's turned a corner, but the skeptic in me still believes this is an anomaly.  A glitch in his otherwise craft-hating psyche. 

Oh dear.  He just asked if we can make Angry Pigs.  Hmmm.  Now I'm starting to wonder.



*"Angry Birds" is a game William plays on my iPhone wherein he lobs birds WITH A SLINGSHOT at angry pigs.  Don't ask me... I have no idea why this is appealing.  And I dont' care, because apparently, the game makes my kid feel all crafty.

2 comments:

  1. I have also two young boys who dislike crafts and love Angry Birds. I may have to show them these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gawd! could you be more craftier, mom of the freakin year? I'm over it already!!

    ReplyDelete