When I left, the scene was one of excitement and joy. The aftermath of a fantastic morning.
| O.M.G. |
I've completely come down off my Christmas High. My Santa Mojo is gone. Now I'm asking myself "Where exactly am I supposed to PUT all these new toys?". And my GOSH my body is having some sort of rebellion from all of the delicious food. My very blood feels toxic. And these Christmas decorations? Yeah, those suckers are making me claustrophobic. I want them DOWN. Pronto!
I just put the children to bed, and I'm seriously debating taking all the decorations down before bed.
I know that SOUNDS crazy, but I actually think that just might save my sanity.

When I have Christmas letdown, it's more that I don't WANT to take down the decorations. It's such a big job, and it's always me who does it, never anyone else, and then the house seems to empty and sad afterward. At any rate, I NEVER take them down before New Year's. I sort of feel that the holidays aren't over till AFTER New Year's. Also, I often hate taking it all down so much that I leave them up till the 2nd weekend of January. At least.
ReplyDeleteI took everything down on Sunday. Isn't that sad? But I had no choice. My mind made my body do it and it felt soooooo good.
ReplyDelete