Today, I got a new driver's license. I was so excited about this. You see, I've been living with a very bad driver's license picture for years.
I know, you're saying, 'oh Rita, how bad can it be?'. Heh. Lookie here:

This is my old DL picture. Do you see my forehead? Do you see that it resembles that of a dolphin? A dolphin with a receding hairline.
How does the DMV do this? I did NOT look like a porpoise when I entered the tag agency that day. I swear I didn't. I don't even LIKE fish. Why would I want to impersonate one?
Also, take a look at my weight. It says I weigh 120 lbs. And I DO... I swear I do. ON THE MOON. But here on earth, I weigh just a teeny tiny bit more. Yes, I've put on a few pounds since 1990. Which is the last time I updated my weight.
So today, while the kids were in Mother's Day Out, I decided to get my license renewed. I was having a good hair day. And, honestly, isn't that really what matters?
Yeah folks, I don't wanna brag, but I was lookin' goooooood.
Yet, THIS is what the devils at the DMV did to me today:
Wha?!? It is SO BAD. I am crushed! Another bad picture? Nooooooooo! My makeup looks like a mortician applied it. And what's with the white circles under my eyes? And I swear to you my face is not nearly as round as it looks in this picture.I had such high hopes. I believed in my heart that this time it would be different. Ah, DMV. Why do you hurt me so?
I would, however, like to point out my weight on the new ID. Yes! I increased it by 15 lbs. AND IT'S STILL A LIE.
But not as big of a lie, so that's better, right?

First, your pictures (both of them) are nowhere NEAR as bad as you think... second, can I just say that listing weight on a driver license should be a crime?! When was the last time it seriouly helped the police nab a bad guy? LOL
ReplyDeleteLMAO!!! I don't even try any more with my picture on my license. no make up. Sweats. Now that is real!!! ;-)
ReplyDeleteokay, so they don't make us list our weight on our DL's here in TX! i had such a "thank GOD" moment when I realized that! ha! remember how excited you were to get your very first license when you were 16?? oh man, so much has changed since then for all of us, no?? ;) xox
ReplyDeleteLOL! My license says 120 too and I don't think I even weighed that in high school!!!
ReplyDelete