Someone PAID ME MONEY today! Paid me to be bossy and opinionated! Yes! And to think I've been bossing people around FOR FREE all these years! My husband owes me a fortune. And my baby brother.
Lookie here! The actual check:
Now, specifically, a woman paid me to redecorate her home. But really, I just bossed her around for a few hours. I don't think a single piece of furniture was in the same place when I left. I dug through her cabinets finding little hidden treasures. Pictures were hung, things were organized. It was cozy and cute. And she didn't have to buy a thing. We just re-purposed things she already owned. I've done this for years for my friends. I love it. And I mean I really love it. A day like today gives me some sort of Decorator's High.
For as long as I can remember, I find myself walking into rooms and mentally re-arranging the furniture. Sometimes it's a curse. On a trip to visit my brother-in-law, I laid in bed rearranging his bachelor pad in my mind. Lucky for him, he never asked my opinion.
So recently, I spent a day bossing a friend around. Making her move every single thing she owns. And this friend said "You should do this. You know, for a living". Wha?!? People would pay me to do this? Heh. Whatever.
Turns out, she was RIGHT. Who knew?
I ordered my business cards yesterday:

AND I have another client lined up. I'm still in shock. Doing something I absolutely love AND getting paid for it? Whoa. Stop the presses!
Now folks, I do not have a degree in interior design. I do, however, have a well-practiced ability to boss people around and voice my opinion (just ask my husband). But when I'm finished, you'll be sweaty, and dirty, but man, your house will look better.
Speaking of my husband, he's hoping I'll be so exhausted from bossing other people around, I'll be too tired to yap at him.
Poor man. If only it worked that way.

Congratulations! It's an exciting adventure you're off on - what a way to turn bossy into a paycheck. Best of luck!
ReplyDeleteSo when are you coming to my house? Sorry I don't have any hidden treasures! ;-)
ReplyDelete