Much time was spent at the lake. And I was such a good sport about it. No I was. I really was. Ask Dave. I WAS! Stop looking at me like that!
Sheesh. Moving right along. Let's talk about dinner, shall we?
We went to dinner at this restaurant here in Branson where they THROW DINNER ROLLS. Wooo hoooo. What could be better? Nothing. That's what. Especially if you're five years old. Well, it's also pretty darn exciting when you're sixty-seven (ahem, Papa).
Papa Ron had been talking up this place all day. We were all pretty excited.
Oh, but this is what awaited us when we entered:
This, my friends, is the women's restroom. The men's room had a sign that read "Bulls". Not nearly as offensive, eh?There was quite a wait for a table, so William decided to watch a few boys playing a video game in the lobby. No problem, right? It's probably PacMan, or Centipede or something.
Heh. Not in Branson.
This is what the kids are playing here:
Nice. Very nice..
Here are some young Missouri lads with the pretend rifle.
.
Then I FREAKED SMOOTH OUT.
There were realistic looking deer on the screen with BLOODY HOLES in them. Sweet baby Jesus! Who thought this up? Wait. Don't answer that. I don't want to know.
.
There were realistic looking deer on the screen with BLOODY HOLES in them. Sweet baby Jesus! Who thought this up? Wait. Don't answer that. I don't want to know..
I put my arm around Will and led him away. In a soothing mommy-type voice, I said 'honey, those poor animals, do you think they were hurt?'
.
William's reply: "Oh momma, those were just reindeer. Everyone knows those are Bad Guys. It's OK to shoot Bad Guys."
.
Um. Ok, son.
.
Someone call Santa and tell him he needs to order some kevlar suits for his herd.
.jpg)

Maddie would have SOBBED watching that video game! She wanders our house pretending to be a reindeer. Seriously. She even has a blinking red nose. I would not make that up. I loved hearing about your trip. Glad you are on your way home girl. Family vacations...it's the stuff memories are made from! xoxo
ReplyDelete