Sunday, July 12, 2009

What a Sucker

I should be writing about the weekend I've had.

The weekend that involved daily doses of water-related activities. Like tubing.
Yes. That's me tubing with William. At the time, I was having so much fun. However, there's not enough ibuprofen in the world to remedy the damage this little ride did to me.

Mr. Tube, you'll be getting my Chiropractor bill.

I should also be telling you about Josh and Maddie.


This was their first time on a boat. Ever. And look at that sunset! Wow. That's what I should focus on. Oh, but I can't. Something much more exciting happened today.

I should also tell you about swimming Saturday night.

Here are the daddy's taking turns trying to kill their offspring.

But, that's not what I want to talk about. No!

I want to talk about something else. It has nothing to do with the portraits I took on Saturday, either.

Although, those were fun, I'll have to share them another day.
.
Today, I want to talk about STRAWS. You heard me. Straws.
.
Why?
.
Because my wee little baby girl can drink from a straw. As of today.
I am so happy! I can think of nothing else. This overshadows all other things in my life. All other news must go on the back burner. THIS? This is exciting, people!
.
No, it IS. Seriously! William was, oh, like 3 years old before I finally figured out how to teach him this skill.
.
And just think of the possibilities! No more sippy cups in restaurants. And juice boxes! Yes! I've just realized I can pack juice boxes for long car rides. Oh, the places we'll go - Mr. Straw and Me.
.
I realize this probably doesn't compare to a Normal Person's definition of "exciting"... but what can I say? My world has been reduced to this. Plus, no one has ever accused me of being a Normal Person.
.
Come back tomorrow for sane reporting. I'm sure I'll have come down off my Straw High by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment