Thursday, July 23, 2009

We Called in Sick Today

Today had all the makings for a boring day. Both kids were running a fever at breakfast. Which meant that, after letting out an audible sigh, I took my lengthy to-do list and chucked it in the trash. Then I let out another sigh. Then I asked God why he hated me so.

Ok, not really on that last one.

Then I set about sending emails cancelling plans. I was bummed.

Oh, but then the baby wanted a nap. At 8:15am!

Then William wanted to snuggle. So we did that. For an hour. In the quiet house. No interruptions. It was heaven. How much longer will he want to lay in my lap? Do I have years, or just months before he believes he's 'too big'. Wait. Don't tell me, I don't want to know.

Then we played in Paige's room. We practiced all the words she knows.

Um, HELLO? Can anyone say GENIUS? Also, is she not too cute for color tv? Ugh, this baby. She is the cat's pajamas.

Then, she and I had a long talk about her pacifier.


Since she doesn't technically speak English, she didn't follow exactly what I was saying. But she at least had the decency to look interested.

Then, I demonstrated what life might be like without a paci.

This did not sit well with her. Not at all.

And since she's sick. And since she's the Cutest Baby in the History of the World, I gave her that paci right back.

I am a fine example of strength and fortitude. Yes I am. Don't argue with me. Don't do it.

Moving right along.

I also re-arranged all the furniture in my living room. This is what happens when I'm stuck in the house all day. People, I moved a armoire and a piano all by myself. Heh. See there? It turns out I am, indeed, a fine example of strength and fortitude.

Since the piano was in a new place, Paige discovered it.

Playing the piano makes her very happy. And, let's be honest, that's all that really matters around here. Never mind that it was a wee bit annoying. And never mind that it might not be very good for the instrument itself. No. She was happy, so I let her play.

And play. And play.

Oh, you would too if she was your baby. You know you would.

Stop looking at me like that. You would!

No comments:

Post a Comment